The Research within CELS if focused on using simulation to optimize the delivery of healthcare. Our work involves collaboration with healthcare educators, systems and industrial engineers, organizations psychologists, communication scientists, patient safety experts, and frontline clinicians. We welcome collaboration with junior and senior faculty interested in using simulation to extend their work and build important areas of research and scholarship.
CELS research has been funded by grants from the Department of Defense, the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality and the University of Florida Clinical Translational Science Institute.
Research Faculty and Staff
Rosemarie Fernandez M.D.
Active Research Projects
- STAT-Team: Leadership and Team Adaptation in Swift-starting Teams
- Translating Military Simulation-based Trauma Team Research into Outcomes: LEADing Effective Resuscitations (LEADER)
- Development and Validity Evidence Supporting the OsCAR (Open Cardiac ARrest) Simulator and Performance Checklist
- Critical Care LEAPP (Leadership Effectiveness for Advanced Practice Providers) Curriculum
Example Simulation Publications
- Simulation-based team leadership training improves team leadership and patient care during actual trauma resuscitations: A randomized controlled trial
- A Simulation-based approach to measuring team situational awareness in emergency medicine: A multicenter, observational study
- Evaluation of a computer-based educational intervention to improve medical teamwork and performance during simulated patient resuscitations.
Anaclerio Learning & Assessment Center
Center for Safety, Simulation, & Advanced Learning Technologies
Center for Experiential Learning