The simulation program is integrated with the Safety and Quality Program of UF Health. Our work is influenced by and we influence the patient safety work of the organization. Some of the ways we ensure integration with the Patient Safety Program of UF Health include:
- Safety threats identified during insitu simulations are reported through the organization’s incident reporting system.
- Safety week activities- The simulation program is involved in planning Safety week activities and executing an “insitu blitz” during Safety week.
- Partnership with self-insurance and risk – Representatives serve on the simulation program’s advisory board
- Partnership with emergency response committee to conduct in situ simulations across the organization.
- Simulation is utilized as a response to serious safety events
The images on this page were taken prior to national guidelines of face coverings and social distancing.